Detours around Empire Roundabout construction at Empire and Purcell Boulevards will begin Monday, June 17 and continue for 8 weeks, acccording to City officials. Project staff will be on hand at the May 8 BANA meeting to provide details about detours and construction delays.
* The Rock Park Drive right turn lane will be demolished beginning Tuesday, April 16th.
* The scope of this work includes the removal of the existing right turn lane and pedestrian island.
* A new shared use path will be constructed and will tie into the new Empire and NE Purcell Roundabout.
* During this time two way traffic will be maintained.
* Minimal delays are anticipated.
* Please slow down when approaching road construction zones.
- Expect to see flaggers and crews working between the 18th Street roundabout and NE Purcell.
- Springtime Landscaping will be completing landscaping on both sides of Empire in newly constructed areas.
- Work continues on the NE Purcell roundabout.
- Expect minimal delays.
The culmination of the 2-year Civic Equity Project was celebration of growth and accomplishments for the BANA board and the other 10 community organizations that participated in the training and strategic planning. Organizations shared what they learned and how they attained goals at a celebration last month.
City engineers scramble to rework their plan for the roundabout due to the late snow storm. BANA's board in anticipation of detours, asked if the speed limit on Desert Sage through the Lava Ridges subdivision could be lowered to 20 mph.
Sinclair Burr, the project engineer, responded the team was considering various options to lessen the impact on the neighborhood. Work might be pushed out until after school is out when there is less traffic on Purcell.
Discover Your Forests, a partner with the U.S.Forest Service, is hiring part time employees for interpretive positions at the Newberry National Volcano Monument and Lava Lands Visitor Center south of Bend. The positions pay $11.24 per hour.
A Texas developer is proposing a new subdivision of 140 lots in the tract between Sierra Drive and Morningstar Street, west of 18th Street. As required by the City there will be a pre permit meeting April 4th, 5:15 p.m. in the Brooks Room of the Downtown library.