Boyd Acres Neighborhood Association
Agenda Board meeting and Notes by Kathy Roche
September 9, 2020. 10:00
1. Minutes from August 14th meeting- Kathy Roche
2. Welcome Kelsey and Taylor to the board! Member packets. Invited Taylor to be a FB moderator—(Yes)
3. Financials- Joan Miller (Will be run from city webpage, we are a spender,
4. Committee reports
a. Land use - Jim Beauchemin (JB: lots of land use applications –4 need more attention: Glen Vista –wants a waiver for the main road with a path JB wants to sent a comment as BANA is opposed, public meeting today for a zone change for 63320 N 97 from light industrial to commercial, expansion of N Empire storage –outdoor storage for RVs and vehicles, will include a multiuse trail, public meeting on facility at lower meadow drive in Brinson Industrial park –for a landscape firm, (Morning Star development –want to connect to Sierra but individual is not selling –2 story houses.)
b. NLA - Kathy Roche (summarized the NLA meeting, Visit Bend, subgroup reports, NA report out, renting storage –BANA would like to pursue -Tom will check on prices).
c. Business outreach - Tom Fisher (actively surveying near Chick Fil-A, also parking issue near Chick Fil-A and displacing other biz).
5. Newsletter/NLA/NART/social media assignments
a. Newsletter, Joette is passing this role on. Who would like to be in charge? Look for help on mail chimp on FB and Next Door). (Kathy will help of take this over).
b. NLA – Kathy (covered above)
c. NART (Joette usually does this –no other info).
d. Social Media- Kathy and Cindy are admins to the Facebook group, Taylor is a moderator, however everyone is encouraged to post.
6. Board Member Roles
a. Board Member Roles
1) Chairperson- set agendas and hold meetings –plus whatever Chair wants to take on.
2) Co-chair -assist chair –currently vacant.
3) Secretary – take notes, monitor and respond to emails.
4) Treasurer -keep track of the money
1) Landuse Committee Chair Jim B-contact point and response to land use applications.
2) Business Outreach Chair Tom -maintain business contacts, Keep board informed of concerns, issues.
3) Community Outreach/ Social Media Chair Taylor?-maintain community contacts, Keep board informed of concerns, issues.
4) Newsletter—Kathy will work with Joette on getting this out and MailChimp.
5) NLA- Kathy will continue to do this.
6) NART (Nieghborhood Association Round table—Joette?)
7) Website -Joette?
7. Upcoming meetings
a. Bend Heroes—would like a series on homelessness,
b. then in the spring summer on fire safety.
8. Other Business
a. Ideas: creating our own “nice” please drive sanely signs; facilitating discussion around the community “amenities” for the developing the North triangle; winter meeting;
b. Let's rent a storage locker (Tom will check on local storage and prices.)
On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 8:50 AM Jm Miller <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
More Notes for the BANA Board Meeting
Tuesday September 9, 2020 10 AM via Zoom
Here are some more suggested topics for discussion under Agenda Item #8 “Other Business”:
1 - Glen Vista Road Waiver: BANA response, comments, sounds like a bad idea
2 - Juniper Ridge Fire Safety: Our response to the Burke’s letter; BANA actions beyond that? Probably a long-term project; monthly reports? Committee?
3 - Central Oregon Veterans Village: A partial solution to Juniper Ridge?? - Joette mentioned this in her 9/8 email
Central Oregon Veterans Village - Central Oregon Veterans Village
It is a bit ironic that on the same day that we rec’d the Burke’s letter, we got the announcement of Bend’s Welcoming
4 - Week Welcoming Week | City of Bend
5 -North Triangle Follow-Up and Input: - monthly reports? committee?
5 - Purchases
-- a sound system for out door meeting
-- a tripod/mount for a cell phone (to record meetings)
-- any consults/tutoring we need, such as how Mail Chimp works
-- design services: signs, masks, flyers, etc.
Blame it on the coffee -