BANA General Meeting & Board Meeting October 11th, 2019
In attendance: Matt Bryant, Cindy King, Tom Fisher, Jim Beauchemin, Kathy Roche
Program: Matt Bryant led the discussion for prioritizing the NSSP. We had almost 20 submissions to go through. 9 people attended and we hosted the meeting live on facebook which is still available to view. One man came to represent 50 of his neighbors. We had a lively discussion around 5 major issues and narrowed it down to the top 5 to be further reduced to top 2 by the BANA board. All submissions will be archived by the city to be considered for later projects in the coming years.
1. Boyd Acres S curve widen shoulder
2. Archie Briggs before the bridge improvements
3. OB Riley Rd. sidewalks
4. Cooley Rd widen shoulder before RR crossing Boyd Acres lighting
The submissions go to the NLA meeting 10/15 for a final decision to be made by them by 1/31/20.
We welcomed Kathy Roche to the board, she is considering being secretary.
The Winter Party will be in January, 14th or 21st. Cindy will call Trampoline Zone to reserve.
We planned a meet and greet at Port o Subs for Monday 10/14, Joette to host. We will also do some business and clarify which NSSP projects go to the NLA meeting 10/15/19.
Our next general meeting will be November 13th at 6:00 with the board meeting at 5:30 at the Elks Club on Boyd Acres Rd.
Boyd Acres Neighborhood Association General membership meeting
September 11, 2019
Attendees: Cindy King, Jim Beauchemin, Matt Bryant, Joan Miller, Thomas Fisher and 26 members.
Acting chair Cindy King introduced guest speakers Robert Townsend, Oregon Dept. Of Transportation district engineer and Omar Ahmed, project engineer, speaking on the North Bend Corridor construction project.
North Bend Corridor Project
Mr. Townsend said ODOT has $ 133 million dollars from Federal, State and local sources to begin acquiring land and completing the design of an extension of the HWY 97 parkway from Empire to Cooley and beyond. The total cost of the project is estimated at $240 - $260 million. Purpose of the project is to improve safety and reduce traffic congestion on the major north/south highway.
He estimated construction would begin in 2022 depending upon the requirements of the Federal grant that added $60 million to the budget.
Although the Environmental Impact Statement was completed in 2013, much has changed in Bend so the final design, including how the intersection of Cooley will be constructed is not determined.
Attendees expressed concerns about noise from faster traffic and whether the design would be adequate for the 20 year horizon assumed in the EIS. There will be future public meetings as the project proceeds.
Joan Miller was introduced as a new board member and treasurer. She is a former CPA.
Cindy mentioned there are two vacant positions on the board and one application. She encouraged residents to apply.
The City has allocated $9,000 for BANA for the year. That will allow the association to have two major events. The board proposes one in February and the annual meeting in June.
Matt Bryant, Neighborhood Leadership Alliance (NLA) representative reported there are 168 neighborhood projects to the Safe Streets Program. He encouraged residents who want a safety improvement to submit a project. Each NA will be given a list of projects in its area to choose 2. The NLA will further prioritize those so that each neighborhood receives some projects of the total $800,000 budget.
Jim Beauchemin reported the Juniper Ridge Advisory Board is still in the organizing phase. There are 3 areas the board will address – marketing and disposition of lands to be sold; architectural guidelines in the Juniper Ridge plan; and constraints on development.
Community Organizations Active in Disaster (COAD)
Cindy, who has been on the organizing committee reported there, will be a community kickoff for the COAD October 8. Any organization that wishes to be part of disaster response is welcome to join the network.
Parks and Recreation
Bronwen Mastro of Bend Parks and Rec announced the planning has begun for a new park in the North Point subdivision, east of Wellington Street and north of Rockhurst Way. Parks and Rec will be surveying residents about the types of features for the park and the name. Check the Parks website for details and the survey.
The next meeting will be October 9th
Acting Chair Cindy King
I. Acting Board Chair Cindy King convened a special meeting to consider the application of Joan Miller for one of the vacant positions. After considering the application, the board voted unanimously to accept Joan Miller. She has offered to serve as treasurer as she was a CPA for many years.
II. Board roles will be filled as follows: acting chair, Cindy King, who was elected Vice Chair; Joan Miller Treasurer, Secretary is vacant; Land Use Jim Beauchemin: NLA representative Matt Bryant; Business Outreach Tom Fisher.
Looking to fill the Chair, Secretary and Communications committee positions. Communications would include the newsletter, Facebook and Nextdoor postings.
III. The board discussed the request of a Wall Street Journal reporter for interviews about a change in code that would eliminate the Single Family Residence zone and permit mixed sized dwellings in any SRA zone in the future. There are concerns about traffic, safety and overcrowding and being able to maintain the quality of life that makes our a great place to live. neighborhood
BANA Board Meeting Minutes July 31st, 2019 10:45-12:20 at Black Rock Cafe
In attendance: Cindy King, Jim Beauchemin, Matt Bryant, Tom Fisher
We welcomed Tom Fisher as our new Board member and gave him a packet of orientation documents.
We discussed Board roles and assignments for 2019-20
2.Vice Chair: Cindy King acting as temporary Chair,
3.Secretary: Cindy King temporary
4.Treasurer: Tom Fisher
5.Website content: Joette Storm
6.Social Media: Matt Bryant
7.Next Door Lead: Matt Bryant
III. We are recruiting for 3 new Board members. Matt will advertise on FB, Cindy to send him content for publication.
IV. Committee Reports
Land use. Jim will continue to check PO Box. He reported on Juniper Ridge.
NLA Matt reported. We now have more radar traffic calming signs that any other neighborhood because of his diligence.
Business outreach will be put on the back burner until we have time
2020 Bi-anual picnic/meetings. Since our budget is doubling we will plan 2 outreach events: one in February, and one in June.
V. We planned the August 14th meeting. Matt will explain the Neighborhood Street Safety Program put forth by the City of Bend. Jim will go over the Juniper Advisory Board information. Cindy to call to reserve the Elks Club. Cindy to make info handouts.
VI. We discussed speakers and topics for future meetings: Bend Senior Center, ODOT next steps now that they received their funding September meeting) , Street Safety Program (Aug meeting).
VII. We went over the June 2019 annual picnic and committee sign-ups. Both Matt and Jim reached out but haven’t gotten great responses. Cindy will invite them to join the board. Did the member sign-ins get added to the newsletter mailing list?
VIII. Our next executive board meeting will be 8/20/19 at 10:30 at Wild Roots. We will create the coming year’s budget. It will increase to $8000 for more outreach. Jim would like to expand our presence without more work. He wondered if the website could be streamlined.
BANA Board Monthly / General Meeting
Elks Lodge, 63120 Boyd Acres Road, Bend OR 97701
March 13 2019 General session 6:00pm
In attendance: Greta Turillo, Sara Miller, Joette Storm, Jeff Silverman, Jim Beauchemin, excused: Cindy King, Matt Bryant
I. Welcome and Introduction
II.Presentation - Bend’s Transportation Plan, Mike Riley & Ruth Williamson, Co-Chairs Citizens’ Transportation Advisory Committee CTAC
These volunteers on the city committee have dedicated a year to studying the transportation needs and issues as preparation for developing the plan and options for physical improvements, policy decisions and programs. They reported that a funding committee was simultaneously considering what funding sources are available, what the shortfalls are and possible new sources of funding. The committee will make recommendations to a Steering Committee and City Council this year.
Ruth Williamson offered the public outreach has been extensive. 280 persons participated in workshops. She urged everyone to attend a CTAC meeting and share needs and ideas.
Mike Riley estimated the final budget might exceed $225million for all of the improvements and programs to implement a plan depending upon the final recommendations.
*Looking in 5 year increments for actionable initiatives
* Improvements needed for projected/planned growth to 2040, projects/programs/policies that reflect City Goals, balancing the needs of all travel modes, meet
legal requirements, coordinate with other planning effort
* Goal 12: To provide and encourage a safe, convenient and economical transportation system.
*The Transportation Planning Rule (OAR660-12) implements Goal 12 by requiring cities to have a 20-year plan
Concurrent Planning Coordination:
Metropolitan Planning Organization
Cascades East Transit: Regional Transit Plan update
1. Working groups (funding others) + CTAC (ADVISE)
2. Steering Committee (REFINE)
3. City Council/MPO Board (DECIDE)
Increase system capacity, quality, connectivity for all users (drivers, walkers, bicyclists, transit riders, mobility device users, commercial vehicles, and other forms of transportation
Ensure safety for all users
Facilitate housing supply, job creation, and economic development to meet demand/growth
Protect livability and ensure equity and access
Steward the environment
Have a regional outlook and future focus
Implement comprehensive funding and implementation plan
Initial Funding Assessment:
Funding Challenges: Needed transportation projects & programs are only partially funded, rising costs of construction, deferred street maintenance, rapid growth
Forecast funding from existing sources → compare funding capacity to needs. What is the gap? → identify and evaluate additional funding sources → develop packages of funding options → assess funding package options
Adopted Funding Principles:
Intentional diversification, equity and fairness, full funding for priority projects, community buy-in, phased implementation, be flexible and ‘future proof’, cover costs for capital and on-going maintenance.
Funding mechanisms tied to transportation use
Seasonal fuel taxes
County vehicle registration fees
Transportation utility fees
Funding mechanisms tied to land value capture
Urban renewal funding
Local improvement districts
Other funding mechanisms
General obligation bonds
Transportation SDC increases
Local option levy
Targeted sales tax (prepared food & beverage)
Citywide Transportation Framework
Focused on collectors and arterials and citywide programs
Assumed a baseline of projects (Bend CIP, MPO list)
Projects identified through public meeting
A balanced system:
Implementing efficiency measures (ie signal timing, TDM, transit)
Addressing east-west capacity/connectivity and north-south capacity through a combination of
New infrastructure projects (roads, intersection/safety improvements)
Incremental projects (ie fix the intersections before widening the road)
acquiring/protecting ROW for future widening/new projects
Considering different mobility targets in specific area
Feasibility studies (ie a new southern bridge, relocating the BNSF Railroad switching yard)
A connected low-stress bike and pedestrian system
Phase II: Two Parts
1. Neighborhood Outreach: Identify Local Priorities
2. Develop Draft Policies
Policy working groups:
Technology/transit/transportation demand management
Meeting February through April
Work groups report back to full CTAC in April
Phase III: Five Parts
1. Revise Citywide Transportation Framework (neighborhood input)
2. Finalize Policies
3. Adopt Performance Measures
4. Establish Project Priorities (near, medium and long-term)
5. Finalize Funding Plan
6. Compile full package into Proposed Bend Transportation Plan (BTP/TSP) to send to City Council
Timeframe: April 2019-Winter 2020
Council hearings on proposed BTP/TSP) (also MPO)
Phase IV: Two Parts
1. Council Hearings on Proposed BTP(TSP)(also MPO)
2. Adopt Final BTP(TSP)
Timeframe: Spring 2020
Phase V: Funding Decisions
Possible Council Actions:
Approve funding mechanisms that do not require vote of citizens
Refer funding ballot measures to voters
WHEN? Not certain, shortly after adoption of BTP(TSP)
Possible Voter Actions:
Vote on measures referred by council
WHEN? Not certain.
The CTF and BANA (N/NE area) Specific Issues:
A few examples: Empire/27th widening, intersection improvements, sidewalks and bike routes
City Councilor Gena Goodman-Campbell visited with us and we were able to encourage her to get answers as to why the city abandoned the snow removal plan and what they plan to do differently. She stated her priorities are transportation and affordable housing.
Lands Report - Jim Beauchemin
Request to Annex Rockridge Park to facilitate construction of a restroom. Comments required by March 20
Review of Bend development code re: wireless facilities on March 20 City Council agenda.
Type 2 application/notice of administrative review for short term rental 63027 Fresca Street.
City of Bend holding Open House for SE Area Plan Thursday March 21 @ Lutheran Church on Brosterhous Road. Similar issues may be coming to our area re: sewer hookup, North Intersect, etc...
Neighborhood Round Table - Joette Storm
The roundtable adopted a revised mission statement, updated the bendnaforums.org website, and shared techniques for communicating with residents. The group will meet bimonthly.
Resolution seeking assessment of the City’s snow emergency plan
Picnic Date - set for Monday, June 17 at 5pm - Pine Nursery Shelter
Draft Welcome mailer
BANA breakfast proposed. Greta proposed a BANA breakfast at Cracker Barrel each month. The company will donate 5% of receipts to Neighbor Impact. Seek input from members on this idea.
Facebook Group more than 100 persons participated in a call for snow photos
Attendees Jeff Silverman, Cindy King, Matt Bryant, Jim Beauchemin, Joette Storm
Excused: Greta Turillo, Sara Miller
Review and approve January minutes
Change meeting date to second Wednesday of each month to retain Elks Lodge as meeting venue. (Thank you Bend Elks Lodge 1371)
Nominate Jim Beauchemin as BANA representative to the Juniper Ridge Advisory Board Joette Storm, chair, will write a cover letter endorsing Jim’s appointment to the new board.
Respond to Janet Hruby’s request for proposal to reduce the speed on portions of Vogt St. to 25 mph. No objection
Desert Sage Street speeding issue – request the City to incorporate traffic calming measurers when Desert Sage is designated as the detour during Empire/Purcell Roundabout construction. Suggest the street be a pilot project for a 20 mph designation.
Meet and Greet coffee klatch – Wednesday, Feb.20 10 a.m. at Black Rock Coffee Matt and Cindy to host.
A land, Jim Beauchemin The City of Bend is proposing changes to Ch. 3.7 of the Code concerning Wireless and Broadcast Communications Facilities. The changes include new definitions and grammar changes to meet national standards. Last September the Federal Communications commission released a Declaratory Ruling that significantly limits state and local management of small wireless facility deployment. This change would bring the City in compliance with Federal law.
There was an administrative review of the proposed new car wash associated with Chevron station on Third. BANA has no objection.
Realms High School meeting – Jim attended and saw the facility. The proposal is to add up to 100 more students and expand into the space on Brinson. There is no traffic study for the facility. Students come by bus and private vehicle. BANA board believes there should be a school zone sign to alert drivers to the in and out traffic.
Transportation Workshop – Jim, Joette and four other residents attended the workshop to provide requests for improvements to the streets and sidewalks in Boyd Acres. Requests included speed reduction on residential streets, flashing lights in school zones, an east side trail system for bikes and pedestrians. Mountain View NA participants spoke in opposition to making 27th St a bypass route.
NLA – Matt The Neighborhood Leadership Alliance is continuing to develop operating procedures. It has heard from residents who want traffic calming measures on their streets and restrictions on illegal fireworks during the summer wildfire season.
COAD – Cindy A new website is being developed for the Disaster network. The board thought the Homeless Coalition should be invited to join the COAD network.
NART – Joette The Neighborhood Roundtable will meet March 9 at the East Bend Library 11 – 1:00 they will be sharing job descriptions and best practices on running a meeting.
Attendees: Joette Storm, Cindy King, Matt Bryant, Jim Beauchemin, and Jeffrey Silverman
Absent: Greta Turillo, Sara Miller
Members: Kathy Roche, Cricket Campbell
Minutes of November meeting – in the absence of our secretary a review of the November minutes was postponed until next month.
Welcome Card Review – The board made several changes to the BANA Welcome card including substituting Boyd Acres specific facts for the general Bend facts. A new larger map will replace the initial map. Joette Storm will prepare a new version and submit to the board for review. QR codes will be added to the card and a new logo once adopted.
Land Use – Jim Beauchemin
Jim attended pre-permit meeting on the proposal to build a marijuana cultivation and processing operation on High Desert Lane in the Brinson Business Park. The owner did not provide information about the activities to occur but kept to site plan details. Board members and adjacent business owners have concerns about volatile substances and odors from the processing. A second pre-permit meeting is set for December 19, 4:30 at Sun country Engineering, 9th and Armour.
Jim is serving on the “sounding board” for Hwy 97 improvements. ODOT intends to study three sections of the road through Bend to improve efficiency. Although Hwy 97 was originally designed as a freight route, a high percentage of trips are Bend drivers using it to cross the city. ODOT is considering ideas for creating bicycle and pedestrian routes parallel to the highway and for redesigning intersections.
Mountain View NA is spearheading a Slow Down IT’s Our Town campaign to reduce traffic accidents by reducing driving speeds on neighborhood streets. They obtained a grant for an educational video aimed at changing driving culture. An information meeting is open to BANA residents on Dec. 12 at the Jamison Street Fire Station.
The Bicycle sounding board met to discuss a proposed map of bike trails that will identify gaps in bicycle routes across town. Such a map will rate bike routes for their safety, difficulty and quality of experience. Jim is serving on that committee.
Neighborhood Leadership Alliance (NLA) Matt Bryant
Matt Bryant, BANA’s rep on the NLA committee, reported the committee is developing procedures and policies and a communications campaign aimed at informing residents about the NA mission and how it differs from Homeowners Associations. NLA will propose an increase in NA budgets for increasing communications. It was suggested the City provide guidance on a website platform that all associations can use that will be consistent in the of information displayed.
Jim Beauchemin expressed how important it will be for the NLA to have continuous communications with the NA boards to ensure any position taken is done with the full consideration of the NAs.
Neighborhood Association Round Table (NART) Joette Storm
Ten representatives of NAs met on Dec. 1 to discuss whether the Round Table should continue and how it might benefit the associations. Consensus was that sharing ideas and procedures can be beneficial and that the roundtable could be a forum for discussing issues.
The Round Table is not a City affiliated committee so it would not be affected by City code. However, NART representatives should not be the same person as the NLA rep in order to avoid any conflict with City code.
The group intends to meet on January 12, 10 a.m. at the Elks Lodge for further strategizing.
Member Comments Crickett Campbell said she was surprised by the Fire Department’s trip through the neighborhood to collect food. She had not seen any announcement and was a bit concerned at first hearing the sirens. The board will ask the Fire Department to improve coordination with BANA so we might promote the charity event.
BANA Meet and Greet
Cindy King and Jeff Silverman will host a coffee klatsch, “Meet and Greet “ on Friday, December 14 at 10 a.m. at Black Rock Bar in the Robal Village mall.
Next meeting schedule
Monday, January 14, 6 p.m. Cassie Lacy, City Climate Action Committee staff
Monday, February 11, 6 p.m. To be announced.
BANA Board Monthly / General Meeting
Elks Lodge, 63120 Boyd Acres Road, Bend OR 97701
October 8, 2018 General session 6:00pm
Board Members - Joette Storm, Jeff Silverman, Sara Miller, Matt Bryant,
Land use Committee Jim Beauchemin
If anyone is interested in being a part of the Land Use Committee, please see Jim Beauchemin.
Notification of Public Meeting 10/1/2018 for 15-lot subdivision by Hayden Homes located at Lamoine Street (6326 Lamoine Road, where Boyd Acres intersects with Morning Star, it’s the next lot to the west.) It is already zoned appropriately. Will be doing some grading. Swalley Irrigation has insisted on a 6 foot fence on their easement. A traffic analysis was completed to determine that with the addition of 15 houses, 132 extra trips would be made per day.
Public Meeting with Pahlisch Homes 9/19/2018 to discuss new development (5.3 acres, 130 townhouse and multi-family project) to the south of Jeld-Wen on Boyd Acres and Ross (2785 Boyd Acres). Traffic study has not been completed. They will have 149 interior parking spaces, townhouses will have 2 interior spots (personal garages) as part of the homes. They are not counting on-street parking on Ross. There will be a community center with open space and a garage to work on hobby projects.
Is on-street parking allowed in Pahlisch subdivisions?
Will there be a left turn lane for north-bound traffic?
10/17/18 Notice of Public Meeting Re: 20551 Fred Meyers Road where it intersects with Boyd Acres for a 4-lot subdivision in a residential standard subdivision. This is a nearly 1-acre lot to be subdivided.
Move Bend is sponsoring a presentation on transportation ideas - Boulder-Sized Transportation Solutions on 10/18/19 6:30pm at Trinity Episcopal Church 469 NW Wall Street Bend, OR 97703 - a glimpse into the transportation plan for the City of Boulder, CO, which is similar in issues to Bend.
North Golden Triangle Consortium Jim Beauchemin
Ann Marie Colucci, Principal / Managing Principal Broker would like to partner with BANA in vision-casting and expanding the area near Hwy 20/O.B. Riley Road near Cooley Road. She represents a consortium of several property owners who wish to develop land in the North Triangle. A factor in the development of those parcels is the need for the City to upgrade the sewer and water systems. Ms. Colucci is proposing public private partnerships to facilitate the construction of those systems. She would like us to write letters of support. Jim has asked for further details regarding the plan before we could throw our support in the ring.
Juniper Ridge Issues
BANA consensus is we do not want to see concessions made for a homeless camp (examples being discussed in the community right now are to include porta-potties and dumpsters being made available to homeless residents)
Who will write a draft resolution to discuss and vote on these issues? Greta/Jim Any board member with ideas about how to write the resolution may send them to Jim.
Neighborhood Leadership Alliance (NLA) report Matt Bryant
City Council is asking the NLA to disperse some issues/topics into our neighborhood associations to get a climate feel on certain hot topics, including Growth/Transportation, Growth/Neighborhoods, Growth/Infrastructure, Citizen Outreach and Participation, Affordable Housing. The City Council is developing a city-wide survey that will be made available to all Bend citizens to address these concerns.
Matt brought up the fact that there needs to be education around the differences between Neighborhood Associations and Homeowners’ Associations. The BANA website states that the association is not a HOA. It describes the association relationship with the City of Bend.
Joette Storm has a proposal for the Neighborhood Roundtable to seek funding for a rebranding of the Neighborhood Associations that would educate the public about the NAs and the NLA. The Round Table does not have a full complement of members at this time.
Budget Joette Storm
$4767 is our allocation for the year, based on the tax lots. However, one lot may have multiple housing units, such as Escena apartments. The funding is not sufficient to pay for mailing to individual homes or apartments. This is an issue for most of the Neighborhood Associations.
$140 - insurance
$82 - PO Box
$33/2 years - URL registration
Rollover grants are available and applications are due by 11/30/2018.
A conversation ensued regarding the roundabout at Empire - Joette will talk to Cheryl Howard, City volunteer coordinator, regarding the “sponsorship” of the roundabout to improve it’s presentation.
A conversation ensued regarding how we may use our Rollover Grant to support Bethlehem Inn in a good faith effort to show that we truly do care about the homeless population of Juniper Ridge and we would like to see how we can funnel those individuals into SHELTER outside of Juniper Ridge.
Homeless Care Package typed into Amazon or see the WISH LIST that Greta will post on social media regarding needs for Bethlehem Inn.
The City is offering training on a new mapping tool, Boom. It can be used to generate mailing lists and track development applications.
Civic Equity Project update Cindy King
CEP is under the umbrella of Bend 2030. They are coaching people to be representatives, to learn how to have a voice in civic dialogue and decision making. Four neighborhood associations (BANA is one) have had Skype sessions to identify and reach goals and present action steps.
Who lives in our neighborhood and what businesses reside here
To be in tune with Bend city government
Advocate for citizens in BANA
Increase engagement via website, social media, meet-n-greets, speakers at meetings
Knowledge of transportation infrastructure/ODOT
Engage with our business partners
Diversity/Equity/Inclusion training will take place in October, all are invited.
COAD Cindy King
Sheriff’s department came to BANA a year ago to develop a Community Organizations Active in Disaster - networking hub for us to compile resources to be made available when needs are presented. By next spring, the website will be up and running in a user-friendly format where donations can be listed (I have sandbags, etc…) and where community members can post their needs to be met (I can’t get out due to the snow to get my medications). There is nothing like this in the nation, and we hope to be a leader in the country for this volunteer organization.
Photo contest proposal Greta Turillo
Greta was looking for ways to engage people in our association - talking to one another, coming to our meetings. See proposal submitted by Greta (contest open to those that reside/work in BANA boundaries, run from 10/15-11/15. Winners notified by 11/19.)
Motion made by Greta to test-run a photo contest. Motion approved.
Transportation/ODOT sounding board Jim Beauchemin
Meeting next Friday to look over what ODOT has to facilitate better traffic movements on the parkway and intersecting roads. One issue: ODOT wants to get rid of entrance and exit lanes on Hawthorne, Lafayette, Truman. Another issue: bikes/pedestrians on the parkway?
Board social gathering Jeff Silverman
Jeff and Greta are partnering to find a venue - possibly Bridge 99 with a tour and food OR Craft Brewery to tour and do trivia. More to come. Dates TBD, after the first of the year.
Business Outreach Jeff Silverman and Greta Turillo
Who to contact, how to contact, what we want to communicate, how to divide up the work - list of businesses total 366 names categorized by size of business. Phone call to set up an appt, go to appt, present BANA and what we would like (join our email list, visit website). Invite them to come to BANA meeting to introduce themselves to our board and community members. We each committed to contacting 5 business over a 3 week period. We WANT businesses to come to us with their problems, questions, concerns so that we can help them out.
The residents of the area directly behind US Market would like MORE invested into their park project (Empire Crossing) than what the Bend Park and Rec is giving. There is a survey online to provide feedback - please share your voice: https://www.bendparksandrec.org/project/empire-crossing-park/
Suggested that we operate as a welcome committee to new businesses joining our neighborhood.
Offering Meetups for neighborhood community members to tour the new schools, new business, breweries, etc...
Next meeting will be Monday, November 12 at 5:30pm for board business, general session at 6:00pm. Speaker present, Juniper Ridge update, resolution on homeless issue. Bring items for Bethlehem Inn based on list posted on social media and our website.
December meeting - just board meeting
Future meeting topics November Fire Marshall Kevin Sullivan
December support Bethlehem Inn or social event
January Climate Action Committee survey