Deschutes County Planning commission will conduct two hearings on the proposal to change the zoning that protects resource lands (agricultural and forest lands) and designate them as "nonprime", paving the way for commercial and residential development in rural Deschutes County.
Hearings are May 23 and June 13 at the Deschutes Service Center
Fire Wise is the theme of the BANA annual meeting at Pine Nursery Park shelter on June 12th. We will have presentations by the Deschutes Emergency Management staff, free food, exhibits and a chance to meet County Commissioner Tony DeBone and our City Council liaison Gena Goodman-Campbell.
The fun starts at 5:00 with refreshments by the Port of Subs. Thanks to Bendbroadband, our sponsor.
Door Prizes for those who join a committee.
May is the Deschutes County Historic Preservation Month with a full schedule of events to join that will demonstrate how historic preservation enhances quality of life. Because Bend is designated an Oregon Heritage All-Star Community grant funding was received for preservation oriented projects including new banners (pictured here) hanging during the May around downtown.
Deschutes County Long Term Care staff is offering training for volunteers to become Ombudsmen in nursing homes and other long term care facilities.
Deschutes County, and Bend specifically, are in desperate need for Long-Term Care Ombudsman. There are 29 facilities (not including adult foster care homes) in Bend, and only 15 of those facilities are covered by a volunteer Ombudsman. This leaves a substantial amount of people vulnerable and underserved.
City staff will be on hand to share information about the Empire Roundabout and the street closures and detours.
6 p.m. Wednesday, May 8 at Elks Lodge.
* The Rock Park Drive right turn lane will be demolished beginning Tuesday, April 16th.
* The scope of this work includes the removal of the existing right turn lane and pedestrian island.
* A new shared use path will be constructed and will tie into the new Empire and NE Purcell Roundabout.
* During this time two way traffic will be maintained.
* Minimal delays are anticipated.
* Please slow down when approaching road construction zones.
- Expect to see flaggers and crews working between the 18th Street roundabout and NE Purcell.
- Springtime Landscaping will be completing landscaping on both sides of Empire in newly constructed areas.
- Work continues on the NE Purcell roundabout.
- Expect minimal delays.
The culmination of the 2-year Civic Equity Project was celebration of growth and accomplishments for the BANA board and the other 10 community organizations that participated in the training and strategic planning. Organizations shared what they learned and how they attained goals at a celebration last month.
City engineers scramble to rework their plan for the roundabout due to the late snow storm. BANA's board in anticipation of detours, asked if the speed limit on Desert Sage through the Lava Ridges subdivision could be lowered to 20 mph.
Sinclair Burr, the project engineer, responded the team was considering various options to lessen the impact on the neighborhood. Work might be pushed out until after school is out when there is less traffic on Purcell.