Not sure how to use a roundabout?
Visit the project page for tips on how to safely travel through a roundabout. Here's what you need to know before you drive in a dual lane, or multi-lane, roundabout.
- Use the correct lane when approaching the roundabout by following signs and pavement markings.
- Left lane is for left turns, traveling straight through, or u-turns
- Right lane is for traveling straight through, or right turns
- There are NO left turns from right lane
- Yield to both lanes of traffic and enter when there are appropriate gaps. Don't assume what someone else is going to do.
- Don't stop in a roundabout. If you need to stop, exit the roundabout and pull over.
- Don't change lanes a roundabout. Choose the appropriate lane before you enter it.
- Don't pass vehicles in a roundabout. In Oregon, drivers are not allowed to pass large commercial vehicles in roundabouts – ORS 811.292 (a class C traffic violation).
- Use your turn signal when exiting.