Several changes have been made to BANA's bylaws to better clarify the responsibilities of the officers and add the new position of Neighborhood Leadership Alliance (NLA) respresentative. The changes listed here will be presented at the June 12 annual meeting for a vote by the membership.
BANA needs a replacement for our wonderful Social Media (SM) Diva, who is leaving Bend. The position is on the Communications Committee. The SM Guru or Diva is responsible for spreading BANA news on the Boyd Acres Facebook group, Nextdoor and other social media platforms.
Fire Wise is the theme of the BANA annual meeting at Pine Nursery Park shelter on June 12th. We will have presentations by the Deschutes Emergency Management staff, free food, exhibits and a chance to meet County Commissioner Tony DeBone and our City Council liaison Gena Goodman-Campbell.
The fun starts at 5:00 with refreshments by the Port of Subs. Thanks to Bendbroadband, our sponsor.
Door Prizes for those who join a committee.
May is the Deschutes County Historic Preservation Month with a full schedule of events to join that will demonstrate how historic preservation enhances quality of life. Because Bend is designated an Oregon Heritage All-Star Community grant funding was received for preservation oriented projects including new banners (pictured here) hanging during the May around downtown.
Deschutes County Long Term Care staff is offering training for volunteers to become Ombudsmen in nursing homes and other long term care facilities.
Deschutes County, and Bend specifically, are in desperate need for Long-Term Care Ombudsman. There are 29 facilities (not including adult foster care homes) in Bend, and only 15 of those facilities are covered by a volunteer Ombudsman. This leaves a substantial amount of people vulnerable and underserved.
City staff will be on hand to share information about the Empire Roundabout and the street closures and detours.
6 p.m. Wednesday, May 8 at Elks Lodge.
* The Rock Park Drive right turn lane will be demolished beginning Tuesday, April 16th.
* The scope of this work includes the removal of the existing right turn lane and pedestrian island.
* A new shared use path will be constructed and will tie into the new Empire and NE Purcell Roundabout.
* During this time two way traffic will be maintained.
* Minimal delays are anticipated.
* Please slow down when approaching road construction zones.
- Expect to see flaggers and crews working between the 18th Street roundabout and NE Purcell.
- Springtime Landscaping will be completing landscaping on both sides of Empire in newly constructed areas.
- Work continues on the NE Purcell roundabout.
- Expect minimal delays.